[MPlayer-users] m2ts (blu-ray rip) audio/video sync issue: performance advice?

Dâniel Fraga fragabr at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 22:41:29 CET 2009

On Fri, 6 Nov 2009 09:33:07 +0000 (UTC)
Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

	Hi Carl!

> No, but it should not make any difference.
> What is the refresh rate of your screen?

	60Hz.

> Using these lavdopts together with ff*vdpau makes no sense (but is also not the
> source of your problems). Note that skipframe is also supported for ff*vdpau.

	Ok. skipframe helps, but I don't like it because it will skip
frames all the time :) It's better to hear the cpu fan spinning than to
watch a movie with skipped frames ;)

> No, but it adds some overhead to vdpau output. -speed might be the only option
> that could help you.

	I'm afraid -speed will not help, because the video delay is not
constant. I mean, it starts ok, audio and video sync, then the video
suddenly gets slower than the audio and audio/video are out of sync.

	I undertand that -speed "speeds" everything, not just the video.

> It is always needed.

	Ok. Maybe when PGS were implemented on m2ts, the overhead on
video would be lower than using a .srt subtitle?

	Or, I could just upgrade this machine ;)

	Thanks.

--
Linux 2.6.31: Man-Eating Seals of Antiquity