[MPlayer-users] composite input a/v sync issue

Miroslav Rovis m.rovis at inet.hr
Mon Nov 9 13:48:43 CET 2009

>> There are "video stabilizers" that are used to remove some kinds of
>> copy-protection from VHS tapes. Some of them claim to refresh the sync
>> pulses.

Sorry, dear falk, I was away. I am only now reading the helpful hints
and I am taking the easier to answer replies first.
> Thinking again about that, I'm starting to doubt that they actually do.
> The sync pulses themselves are not that hard to produce, but the burst
> signals necessary for the colour subcarrier do require some quite special
> analogue circuitry.

It's nice to know about these things! Just in case.
> It may well be that it's a black burst generator and a time base corrector
> what you need to approach the problem on the analogue side. Those machines
> are professional video equipment. Try to get them from a studio where they
> switch to digital video processing or it will cost you a fortune.

But that may prove to be more than I can achieve. I have no
acquaintences in a studio like that... AFAIK at this time now...
But t's nice to know about them! If all else fails...