[MPlayer-users] DVDNAV problem: subtitles

Dâniel Fraga fragabr at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 08:30:43 CET 2009

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 20:57:49 -0800
RC <cooleyr at gmail.com> wrote:

> No, the main advantage of dvdnav is that it works around primitive copy
> protection schemes, and pathologically mastered DVDs that won't work
> any other way.

	These protection schemes I solve using DVDFab Free. I think
it's better to use a software that really can read all kinds of DVD
than to use a generic player like MPlayer and hope that it can manage
copy protection.

	If you take a Disney DVD for instance, there're so many
unplayable cells etc and all kinds of protection that I can't imagine
using just MPlayer to read it.

--
Linux 2.6.31: Man-Eating Seals of Antiquity