[MPlayer-users] mencoder doesn't work with -vf remove-logo ?

RC cooleyr at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 18:04:19 CET 2009

On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 12:36:24 +0100
Peter Daum <gator_ml at yahoo.de> wrote:

> I definitely would anticipate an outcry of indignation about what an
> idiot I am for expecting people to look through a dump of useless
> noise and figure out what I want if I'd just quote the whole 150+
> lines of output generated by "mencoder -v" (and in this case I would
> perfectly understand the indignation

If you read the HTML docs, or had looked at a couple other messages from
the mailing list before posting, you'd have a very good idea what
is/isn't needed, and acceptable behavior here.

And even though you didn't, I still wouldn't have gone out of my way to
"offend" you...  Your borderline-insulting reply, however (which still
didn't contain a fraction of the information requsted) just managed to
be sufficiently irritating.

 - even then I would consider it more appropriate to just ignore the
posting instead of offending the poster)

The opposite has proven to be true, at least around here.  People with
an MPlayer problem, who don't get a response, often come back and
desperately ask for one... even asking to be flamed rather than ignored.

--
Ha. I'm the idiot.