[MPlayer-users] Streaming to mplayer with php, how that ?

Oliver Seitz info at vtnd.de
Sat Oct 3 19:53:10 CEST 2009

> As you already did it, and reinventing the wheel is useless...
> Any clue or code to share ? ;)

The "nothing to play"- Video runs in an endless loop

mplayer -idle -slave -input file=/tmp/mplayer-input -loop 0 idle_video.avi

When there's something to play, I send something like

echo "loadfile action1.avi" >/tmp/mplayer-input

That file plays again in a loop until the user is fed up with it, and the
"idle" video starts again, again in a loop.

If the video should play just once, I would have started it by a sequence
like

loop -1
loadfile action1.avi
loadfile idle_video.avi append

Then I would at regular intervals issue

get_file_name

to find out if the action1.avi was finished playing to then reset it to an
endless loop.

Good luck!

Greets,
Kiste