[MPlayer-users] Streaming to mplayer with php, how that ?

Cedric Malitte cedric.malitte at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 07:52:35 CEST 2009

2009/10/3 Oliver Seitz <info at vtnd.de>

> > As you already did it, and reinventing the wheel is useless...
> > Any clue or code to share ? ;)
>
> The "nothing to play"- Video runs in an endless loop
>
> mplayer -idle -slave -input file=/tmp/mplayer-input -loop 0 idle_video.avi
>
> When there's something to play, I send something like
>
> echo "loadfile action1.avi" >/tmp/mplayer-input
>
> That file plays again in a loop until the user is fed up with it, and the
> "idle" video starts again, again in a loop.
>
> If the video should play just once, I would have started it by a sequence
> like
>
> loop -1
> loadfile action1.avi
> loadfile idle_video.avi append
>
> Then I would at regular intervals issue
>
> get_file_name
>
> to find out if the action1.avi was finished playing to then reset it to an
> endless loop.
>
> Good luck!
>
> Greets,
> Kiste

Btw I had a look at gnome-mplayer, but won't do the trick as I send video to
a plain Xserver, no desktop and no artifacts. I just want to see the video.

Well, got some little time to test that this week end but....
if I launch
mplayer -nosound -x 800 -y 600 -quiet -framedrop -nolirc  -slave -idle
-osdlevel 0 -vo xvidix:rage128 -input file=/tmp/mplay
I can launch files with  echo "loadfile video.wmv" > /tmp/mplay

If I send echo "loadfile video.wmv" > /tmp/mplay
then echo "loadfile video2.wmv *1" > /tmp/mplay*
and then echo "loadfile video3.wmv" > /tmp/mplay
video3 plays ok, and then it plays again video2 !!!!

Dammit, there might be something I do not catch with playslist or tree :)

If I put -loop 0 idle_video.avi in the command line and then send loop -1,
then loadfile video1, video1 will play in loop. I'm unable to unloop...

After all those tries, and many others in fact, I lost more hair, almost
bald now !

I'll take another way has I can not stream to mplayer in php and there's no
easy way to know if mplayer has finished playing a file...
I'll test playback with pcntl_alarm as I know the length of each video and
which one I throwed at mplayer, I'll be able to send another loadfile just
in time.

If I got time, I might hack a bit the source to send a 'I'm done playing
video xxxxxxx.avi' to stdout :P

Anyway, I learned something today, so was a good day !

Greets,
Cedric