[MPlayer-users] embed mplayer window to gtk window and -wid option

Jayalakshmi jaya at innovatesolutions.net
Tue Oct 13 08:45:38 CEST 2009

hi,

below I have attached my code, can anyone please tell me, why it is not
showing any window ? only i can here sound.

-------------------

#include <gtk/gtk.h>

int main( int   argc,
          char *argv[] )
{
    GtkWidget *window;
    GtkWidget *socket;
    char cmd1[500];

    gtk_init (&argc, &argv);

    socket = gtk_socket_new ();
    gtk_widget_show (socket);
    gtk_container_add (GTK_CONTAINER (window), socket);

    gtk_widget_realize (socket);
    g_print ("The ID of the sockets window is %d\n",
              gtk_socket_get_id (socket));

   system("killall mplayer");
   sprintf(cmd1,"mplayer -wid %d -input file=/tmp/mplayer-input
                 Cutyyyyy.avi \n",gtk_socket_get_id (socket));

   system(cmd1);

   gtk_widget_show_all  (window);
   gtk_main ();
   return 0;