[MPlayer-users] Where to find information about customtex, customprog and fragment programs

Paul Jowett paul.jowett at systemic.com.au
Fri Apr 9 11:03:55 CEST 2010

Hi Mplayer Users

Does anyone know where I can get details about the parameters that
MPlayer passes to Fragment Programs?  For example:
  1) the texture[] arrays don't appear to have any definition
anywhere.  The ARB FRAGMENT Spec (link below) has a very brief
definition in a comment in an example script at the end of the spec,
but it's not enough info.
  2) what does "TEX" command actually do?  It doesn't seem to map to
any set of OpenGL commands.
  3) where is the information from a customtex file made available in
the Fragment Program?  I expected texture[0] or perhaps
fragment.textcoord[0] but example fragments like "edgedetect.fp" use
both these arrays and don't get passed a customtex file.

I'm not an Open GL programmer so perhaps that is the source of my lack
of understanding!?  I've done a fair bit of reading and most
information I have gained has come from the these sources:

  http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-dev-eng/2006-June/044112.html
  http://oss.sgi.com/projects/ogl-sample/registry/ARB/fragment_program.txt

All help is much appreciated.

Regards.