[MPlayer-users] Mpeg4 TS support

Albert Scholtalbers compuvision.sr at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 13:48:48 CEST 2010

Hi Rolf,

Thanks for your answer. I just read about Hauppage solutions and although it
has an analogue intermediate it sounds interesting.
I use at the moment only Linux (Ubuntu) as this is can easily be automated
from the command line and is super stable.
We record streams from Dreambox with help of mplayer, something like this:
mplayer –dumpstream http://192.168.1.103:8001/1:0:1:1793:C82:3:EB0000:0:0:0:
- dumpstream /home/user/hetgesprek.ts

This works perfectly for al MPEG2-TS (DVB) streams than I convert them with
Mencoder into a h264 file, something like this:

mencoder /home/user/ngcwild.ts -vf pp=ci,scale=704:400,harddup  -ovc x264
-x264encopts bitrate=550 -oac mp3lame -o /home/user/result.avi   (PAL square
pix letterbox), harddup is used to sync audio and video

I have a small sample for you: http://92.254.55.200/hetgesprek.ts

The result is always slow video, a much longer file (in time) than the
original and out of sync audio.

Greetings,

Albert