[MPlayer-users] No hebrew font windows-1255 can't use hebrew subtitles

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sat Apr 17 21:29:04 CEST 2010

On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 08:05:40PM +0300, aviramof aviramof wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 7:38 PM, Oliver Seitz <info at vtnd.de> wrote:
> series i see without translation but in some movies like avatar and etc i
> need subtitles for everyone not just me and that is
> how i noticed that there is a problem the strange part is that if i download
> libfribidi-dev from synaptic and compile from source

Yes, you probably will have to compile from source, the version in Ubuntu
is probably too ancient to work right with Hebrew (IIRC it will only
work with separate subtitle files, not if you have e.g. a mkv with embedded
subtitles).

> it's ok in gnome-mplayer but not in smplayer and i still think that if

Maybe SMPlayer has an explicit path (like /usr/bin/mplayer) and thus
does not use the version you just compiled?
Change it to use /usr/local/bin/mplayer

> mplayer would include hebrew windows 1255 like vlc it should
> work properly no matter what ubuntu team would do.

I suggest that you explain the problems without using the term
"windows 1255", because so far any part of your mails that included
it simply made no sense and I suspect that you either have no idea
what you mean by it or at least a different idea than anyone else.