[MPlayer-users] Any hope for seamless Blu-ray playback using .mpls playlist?

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala at pp1.inet.fi
Thu Apr 22 20:01:15 CEST 2010

On Thu, 2010-04-22 at 10:40 -0700, John Stebbins wrote:
> In the bdtools tarball, you'll find some notes I took while reverse
> engineering the format.  There's a little more involved than simply
> splicing together files. The beginning and end of a clip doesn't have to
> coincide with the beginning and end of the file.  There are start and
> end points defined in the playlist.

The code I wrote for Matroska ordered chapters already handles that; you
can have an overall playback timeline pieced together from segments with
arbitrary start and end points, possibly coming from multiple separate
files.

> The libbluray project has a bd_read
> function that does all the proper splicing.

If the general timeline functionality can be used then such
format-specific handling shouldn't be needed.