[MPlayer-users] options to speed up mplayer if video playback is not required

Krzysztof Duchnowski amidk75 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 12:30:16 CEST 2010

On 04.08.2010 10:56, John Doe wrote:

>>> Not sure if (or how much) it would speed it up but I would  remove all
>>> unnecessary options from the configure (./configure  --help)...
>>> By example: -disable-gui, -disable-joystick, etc...
>>>  But maybe, appart from file size, it won't change much...
>> i tried  that but i ended up with errors in compilation. if it is only the
>> size i  don't think it will matter a  lot.
>
> Yes, a few parameters seemed to be mandatory even though they seemed gui only...
> Just add the disable one by one and remove the ones that breaks the compilation.
> By example I think I needed to keep --enable-bitmap-font

You not.
You shouldn't use any "-enable" options, aprat from XVMC and maybe one
or two more but they are exotic and if you didn't search for it how to
enable it then you don't need them.
It is because if you disable some thing and force enable something else
("-enable" options force it whenever it is right or wrong, no matter
what) it could be that this forced enabled thing could need options that
you disabled and hence compilation errors.
So if you don't use "-enable" options at all using "-disable" options
shouldn't give you any errors during compilation.

--
Krzysztof 'DK75' Duchnowski
GetFirefox - http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/