[MPlayer-users] Problem with audio in DVB-S2 transport stream

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sun Aug 8 19:38:37 CEST 2010

Mark Zimmerman <markz <at> frii.net> writes:

> I recorded a transport stream from AMC-1 and I am having problems with the
> audio.
> It sounds like I am getting just the rear channels, or something like
> that. The
> audio I get seems to me in sync, but most of it is just not there.

The sample you uploaded only contains 2-channel MP2 audio, so I don't think
there is much MPlayer can do to improve it.

There is indication, however, that you managed not to record all audio streams
for this program - looking at FFmpeg's output:
    Stream #0.1[0x2ef](aaa): Audio: mp2, 48000 Hz, 2 channels, s16, 384 kb/s
    Stream #0.2[0x2f0](aac): Audio: mp3, 0 channels, s16
    Stream #0.3[0x2f1](aae): Audio: mp3, 0 channels, s16
    Stream #0.4[0x2f2](aag): Audio: mp3, 0 channels, s16
    Stream #0.5[0x1fd0]: Data: [6][0][0][0] / 0x0006
    Stream #0.6[0x400]: Data: [241][0][0][0] / 0x00F1
0x2ef was recorded correctly, 2f0, 2f1 and 2f2 are missing (and while they
probably don't contain audio, it might not hurt to record 0x1fd0 and 0x400 as
well, if they contain teletext, we would be very interested in the sample).
You possibly used szap to record, unfortunately, it does not work the way we
would all like it to work...

> Command line:
>
> mplayer -nocorrect-pts -v sample.ts > mplayer.out
>
> The -nocorrect-pts option is needed to keep it from playing at half speed.

That sounds unlikely to me, if it is really true, could you upload a longer
sample (this one is too short for A/V sync issues, imo).

> Since it is possible that I recorded the stream improperly, I have posted
> the file here:
>
> <http://users.frii.com/markzimm/dvb-s2-test/sample.ts>
>
> My mplayer.out is here:
>
> <http://users.frii.com/markzimm/dvb-s2-test/mplayer.out>

Apart from "please always attach the output, external links end to disappear":
Totally unrelated, your configure options do not look sane - most enable-*
options don't do what you expect them to, xvmc, tdfxfb, zr and s3fb make no
sense on your VDPAU hardware, enable-runtime-cpu-detection just makes MPlayer
slower, and enable-menu lets MPlayer crash on VDPAU hardware.
And I wonder why you are using --disable-internal-faad, internal faad allows you
to decode streams that cannot be decoded without.

Carl Eugen