[MPlayer-users] Problem with audio in DVB-S2 transport stream
markz at frii.net
Sun Aug 8 22:09:02 CEST 2010
> Mark Zimmerman <markz <at> frii.net> writes:
> > I recorded a transport stream from AMC-1 and I am having problems with the
> > audio.
> > It sounds like I am getting just the rear channels, or something like
> > that. The
> > audio I get seems to me in sync, but most of it is just not there.
> The sample you uploaded only contains 2-channel MP2 audio, so I don't think
> there is much MPlayer can do to improve it.
> There is indication, however, that you managed not to record all audio streams
> for this program - looking at FFmpeg's output:
> Stream #0.1[0x2ef](aaa): Audio: mp2, 48000 Hz, 2 channels, s16, 384 kb/s
> Stream #0.2[0x2f0](aac): Audio: mp3, 0 channels, s16
> Stream #0.3[0x2f1](aae): Audio: mp3, 0 channels, s16
> Stream #0.4[0x2f2](aag): Audio: mp3, 0 channels, s16
> Stream #0.5[0x1fd0]: Data:  / 0x0006
> Stream #0.6[0x400]: Data:  / 0x00F1
> 0x2ef was recorded correctly, 2f0, 2f1 and 2f2 are missing (and while they
> probably don't contain audio, it might not hurt to record 0x1fd0 and 0x400 as
> well, if they contain teletext, we would be very interested in the sample).
> You possibly used szap to record, unfortunately, it does not work the way we
> would all like it to work...
Yes, I used szap-s2, which will not let you specify multiple audio
streams. I think I will fix this limitation and try again.
> > Command line:
> > mplayer -nocorrect-pts -v sample.ts > mplayer.out
> > The -nocorrect-pts option is needed to keep it from playing at half speed.
> That sounds unlikely to me, if it is really true, could you upload a longer
> sample (this one is too short for A/V sync issues, imo).
How long should it be? I will post another once I have one with all
of the audio PIDs. I got the -nocorrect-pts option from a search of
the mailing list. It seems that this stream is really 60FPS 1080i but
without this option, mplayer treats it as 30FPS. There is no doubt
that it runs at half speed on my system, though this may not be the
best way to correct it.
> > Since it is possible that I recorded the stream improperly, I have posted
> > the file here:
> > <http://users.frii.com/markzimm/dvb-s2-test/sample.ts>
> > My mplayer.out is here:
> > <http://users.frii.com/markzimm/dvb-s2-test/mplayer.out>
> Apart from "please always attach the output, external links end to disappear":
Sorry. Full output is appended to this message for the benefit of the
> Totally unrelated, your configure options do not look sane - most enable-*
> options don't do what you expect them to, xvmc, tdfxfb, zr and s3fb make no
> sense on your VDPAU hardware, enable-runtime-cpu-detection just makes MPlayer
> slower, and enable-menu lets MPlayer crash on VDPAU hardware.
> And I wonder why you are using --disable-internal-faad, internal faad allows you
> to decode streams that cannot be decoded without.
They are not really my configure options. I am using the packaged
version at debian-multimedia. Yes, this is lazy; I will try to do
Here is the mplayer.out from the first message:
MPlayer SVN-r31918 (C) 2000-2010 MPlayer Team
CPU vendor name: AuthenticAMD max cpuid level: 1
CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) X2 Dual Core Processor BE-2400 (Family: 15, Model: 107, Stepping: 2)
extended cpuid-level: 24
extended cache-info: 33587520
Detected cache-line size is 64 bytes
CPUflags: MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 1 3DNowExt: 1 SSE: 1 SSE2: 1 SSSE3: 0
Compiled with runtime CPU detection.
get_path('codecs.conf') -> '/home/mark/.mplayer/codecs.conf'
Reading /home/mark/.mplayer/codecs.conf: Can't open '/home/mark/.mplayer/codecs.conf': No such file or directory
Reading /etc/mplayer/codecs.conf: Can't open '/etc/mplayer/codecs.conf': No such file or directory
Using built-in default codecs.conf.
Configuration: --prefix=/usr --confdir=/etc/mplayer --datadir=/usr/share/mplayer --enable-xmga --enable-mga --enable-joystick --disable-tremor-internal --enable-libopencore_amrnb --enable-libopencore_amrwb --disable-openal --disable-faad-internal --extra-libs-mencoder=-lvorbisenc --language=all --enable-largefiles --enable-menu --disable-libdvdcss-internal --enable-radio --enable-radio-capture --enable-xvmc --with-xvmclib=XvMCW --enable-tdfxfb --enable-s3fb --enable-zr --enable-runtime-cpudetection
CommandLine: '-nocorrect-pts' '-v' 'sample.ts'
Using MMX (with tiny bit MMX2) Optimized OnScreenDisplay
get_path('fonts') -> '/home/mark/.mplayer/fonts'
Using nanosleep() timing
get_path('input.conf') -> '/home/mark/.mplayer/input.conf'
Parsing input config file /home/mark/.mplayer/input.conf
Input config file /home/mark/.mplayer/input.conf parsed: 59 binds
Setting up LIRC support...
get_path('sample.ts.conf') -> '/home/mark/.mplayer/sample.ts.conf'
More information about the MPlayer-users