[MPlayer-users] Problem with audio in DVB-S2 transport stream

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon Aug 9 16:49:35 CEST 2010

Mark Zimmerman <markz <at> frii.net> writes:

> There is a 2 minute (372MB) sample here:
>
> <http://users.frii.com/markzimm/dvb-s2-test/sample-2010-08-08.ts>

Thank you for the sample, I do not think we already have a similar one!
I am not really audiophile, but as far as I can hear, there is:
FL and FR on 0x2ef (aaa)
Center and LFE on 0x2f0 (aac)
SL and SR on 0x2f1 (aae)
A downmixed stereo stream (that's what you are currently searching for) on 0x2f2
(aag), -aid 754 for -demuxer mpegts.

In the future, there will hopefully be a possibility to use these (strange)
streams' surround signal, but atm, I hope you found "#" and -aid in the
documentation (and MPlayer's output for -demuxer lavf).

Did you patch szap? If yes, could you point me to the patch, I have the same
problem and I can only solve it with kaffeine. (And do you have to decrypt as
well?)

Carl Eugen