[MPlayer-users] Problem with audio in DVB-S2 transport stream

Mark Zimmerman markz at frii.net
Tue Aug 10 01:28:49 CEST 2010

On Mon, Aug 09, 2010 at 02:49:35PM +0000, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Mark Zimmerman <markz <at> frii.net> writes:
>
> > There is a 2 minute (372MB) sample here:
> >
> > <http://users.frii.com/markzimm/dvb-s2-test/sample-2010-08-08.ts>

FYI, my ISP is complaining about the file size so I copied the sample to
incoming/mz-2010-08-08/sample-2010-08-08.ts
and have deleted the one on frii.com.

> Thank you for the sample, I do not think we already have a similar one!
> I am not really audiophile, but as far as I can hear, there is:
> FL and FR on 0x2ef (aaa)
> Center and LFE on 0x2f0 (aac)
> SL and SR on 0x2f1 (aae)
> A downmixed stereo stream (that's what you are currently searching for) on 0x2f2
> (aag), -aid 754 for -demuxer mpegts.
>
> In the future, there will hopefully be a possibility to use these (strange)
> streams' surround signal, but atm, I hope you found "#" and -aid in the
> documentation (and MPlayer's output for -demuxer lavf).

That is what I was looking for but had not yet found. Thanks!

> Did you patch szap? If yes, could you point me to the patch, I have the same
> problem and I can only solve it with kaffeine. (And do you have to decrypt as
> well?)

I crudely hacked szap just to get this sample. I will post a patch once I
redo it in a less shameful manner.  There was no decryption involved.

-- Mark