[MPlayer-users] Linux viceo editor?

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sat Aug 14 17:07:50 CEST 2010

On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 02:24:24PM +0200, Oliver Seitz wrote:

> > Because of this I don't think it's very likely that FOSS will ever come
> > up with something on the level of something like Final Cut, Premiere or
> > After Effects unless someone commissions one, pays millions of units of
> > currency to develop it, then gives it away.
>
> You're probably right, but that wasn't the question anyway. The features
> that have been asked for are all to be found in the GPL program
> "VirtualDub", which unfortunately only runs on Windows.

First, as someone already mention, avidemux is supposed to be the
"replacement" for VirtualDub.
I'm sure it lacks some features and polish, but on the plus side it
is not limited by VfW and thus can support many more formats.
Also, I think VirtualDub does run on Wine, and I think so do many
DirectShow filters, so it should be possible to use it on Linux as well.