[MPlayer-users] mencoder issue with different frame rate

Alexander Roalter alex at roalter.it
Tue Aug 17 09:19:10 CEST 2010

On 16.08.2010 23:51, Christian Ebert wrote:
> * Carl Eugen Hoyos on Monday, August 16, 2010 at 21:16:39 +0000

>>> It is usable, but I cannot seek in it, no index is written. I guess it's
>>> where the index is computed that the segfault happens.
>>
>> You originally did not report a segfault.
>
> You might have overlooked it in Alexander's first post:
>
> | Flushing video frames.
> | x264 [error]: 2nd pass has more frames than 1st pass (200973)
> | x264 [error]: continuing anyway, at constant QP=21
> | x264 [error]: disabling adaptive B-frames
> | /usr/local/bin/videocmp: line 113: 15496 Segmentation fault
>
> Whereas I by now have overlooked what videocmp is ;-)

videocmp is simply a shell script that does the two-pass encoding. the
reason that it is over a hundred lines is that in theory I could switch
to other codecs or specify different outputsizes etc.

Nothing complicated though.

I tried fixing the video with mencoder -o new.avi old.avi -forceidx -oac
copy -ovc copy, which results in a (theoretically) seekable file, but it
appears not to seek to keyframes, all I get are somewhat 'smeared'
images that clean up after a while. I'll try to come up with a gdb
backtrace for this...

--
cheers,
Alex