[MPlayer-users] Display and record a camera ip stream at the same time ?

Oliver Seitz info at vtnd.de
Thu Aug 19 10:55:01 CEST 2010

> This work, but I really want to do it in the same mplayer process. Any
> idea how to write a stream in a file in slave mode ? I haven't find yet
> the right command in the documentation.

I think it can't be done. MPlayer can play _or_ dump a stream, not both
at the same time.

You can, however, dump a stream with one task, and play thar recording
stream with another task. At least you wouldn't have twice the network
traffic then.

> Another question, is there a way to "pause" a dumpvideo ?

Sorry, I have no idea. I doubt that this is possible.

Greets,
Kiste