[MPlayer-users] mplayer-export

Rebel Neurofog rebelneurofog at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 00:26:45 CET 2010

Hi!

I use extended version of LFS (linuxfromscratch.org) for my desktop OS.

It would be very helpfull if MPlayer export snapshots are named as
ftp://ftp.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/mplayer-export-2010-12-11.tar.bz2
, not only as
ftp://ftp.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/mplayer-export-snapshot.tar.bz2

So mplayer-export-snapshot.tar.bz2 would be a symlink to
mplayer-export-2010-12-11.tar.bz2

I know, it's kind of a caprice, but currently MPlayer releases are outdated.
So this way of naming could solve the problem of URL uninformativeness
(even though exports are daily removed).

Thanks