[MPlayer-users] mplayer -identlfy failure

Sebastien Fievet sebastien.fievet at free.fr
Wed Dec 15 22:53:06 CET 2010

On Wed, 15 Dec 2010 21:09:55 +0100
Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 12:39:41PM +0100, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski
> wrote:
> > On Tuesday, 14 December 2010 at 21:42, Sebastien Fievet wrote:
> > > I just tried with libdvdcss fetched from svn, and recompiled libdvdread
> > > afterward, but no luck so far.
> > > Below is the console log generated by mplayer.
> > >
> > > please help! :-)
> >
> > Try using dvdnav:// instead of dvd:// .
>
> I have seen a similar DVD, dvdnav:// will probably not work either.
> That DVD just won't be playable with MPlayer, at least for now.

Thanks a lot for your replies!
MPlayer does play this DVD when launched with : 'mplayer dvdnav:// -no-cache'.
It fails with : 'mplayer dvd://[any title]' or 'mplayer dvdnav://[any title] -no-cache'

OTOH, as i said in my first post :
'mplayer -vo null -ao null -nomsgcolor -nomsgmodule -frames 0 -noidx -identify -nocache -noidle dvd://'  eats up all my system memory before crashing.
BUT replacing "-identify" with "-msglevel identify={1,2,3}" exits with no error, while
"-msglevel identify={4+} " crashes.

My concern with this is two fold :
- the graphical frontend i use hangs because it tries to build a playlist from the DVD titles
with the above command prior to actually play the DVD with dvdnav://
- my linux DLNA server (PS3 mediaserver) relies on mplayer to stream DVDs to my TV,
and it fails with that DVD because it streams titles directly instead of passing by the menu.

Any (little) chance to see a solution to this? Please please please...