[MPlayer-users] [TEST-REQUEST] let window manager do placing by default

Giorgio mywing81 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 12:33:19 CET 2010

2010/2/2 Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de>:
> Hello,
> I could need a lot of people to do some intensive testing with lots of
> different window managers.
> I hope at least some of you will volunteer.
> Things to test:
> - without any special options, your window manager should place the MPlayer window
> - with -geometry 50%:50% behaviour should be _exactly_ identical to without
>  the patch and no options
> - -xineramascreen behaviour should be unaffected, but definitely worth testing
> - -vo gl, -vo x11, -vo xv, -vo sdl and whatever else you can test should all
>   behave in the same way.

I see that Oliver has already tried the patch, but on my system, using
a fresh copy of the sources, it returns an error:

holden at rye:~$ svn checkout svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/mplayer/trunk mplayer
holden at rye:~$ cd mplayer/
holden at rye:~/mplayer$ patch --dry-run -p0 < ../windpos.diff
patching file libvo/x11_common.c
Hunk #1 FAILED at 1115.
Hunk #2 succeeded at 1133 (offset -1 lines).
1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file libvo/x11_common.c.rej

Giorgio Vazzana