[MPlayer-users] RTSP and trick-play

Christophe Lemoine christophe at lemoine-fr.com
Wed Feb 3 16:05:39 CET 2010

The seek does not work: it pauses the video, then start from where it
was, with some artifacts. The player control does not include the option
to seek the video when playing the stream: so, yes, it does really looks
like it is not supported. And I want to use streams to offer Video on
Demand services. So trick play is a must if I want to equal the quality
of service of playing a local file (else I would probably switch to HTTP
progressive download.....).

Tric play works not too bad on VLC (but VLC does not have yet VDPAU
support, so I cannot use it....).