[MPlayer-users] [AO_ALSA] Unable to set buffer time near: Invalid argument

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala at pp1.inet.fi
Wed Jan 27 16:19:44 CET 2010

On Wed, 2010-01-27 at 09:43 -0500, Robert Henney wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 03:54:12PM +0200, Uoti Urpala wrote:
> >
> > Do you still get this error with the current git repo
> > (git://repo.or.cz/mplayer-build.git)? I fixed some issues that could
> > perhaps cause this, but as I can't reproduce your problem on my machine
> > I don't know whether those were the ones you hit.
>
> the git repo won't complete the configure stage on my lenny install.

Based on the flags seen in the configure line you pasted, you are NOT
using the functionality of the build repo wrapper mentioned above, but
compiling the bare MPlayer repo against system libraries only. Is this
intentional? I would have expected you to mention it if it was. Does
compilation succeed if you DO use the build repo?

> it bails claiming I need libavutil, though I have both the lib and dev
> packages of libavutil already installed.

I don't know what could cause that "libavutil/common.h: No such file or
directory" error if you really had a development package containing
/usr/include/libavutil/common.h installed. What version of the packages
would those be anyway? If you're talking about those released with
Debian Lenny, they're way too old (though I think they should have that
header - I'd expect some different error later), and you should use the
build repo instead to build MPlayer linked against a custom-built
up-to-date version of the FFmpeg libraries and libass.