[MPlayer-users] [AO_ALSA] Unable to set buffer time near: Invalid argument

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala at pp1.inet.fi
Fri Jan 29 09:32:36 CET 2010

On Thu, 2010-01-28 at 18:52 -0500, Robert Henney wrote:
> the build gets much farther now, but does stop at this point.  I'm not
> familiar with autoconf, but I installed it because the git mplayer doesn't
> seem to want to build without it.

The MPlayer git repo itself does not use autoconf, but the MPlayer-build
wrapper compiles an up-to-date version of libass to link MPlayer with,
and libass does need autoconf. svn had duplicated build functionality
for libass that didn't use its normal build system; that didn't require
autoconf but was ugly and much harder to update.

> configure.ac:7: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL

My guess is that you're missing the libtool package and need to install
that too.