[MPlayer-users] navigating dvd menus

Oliver Seitz info at vtnd.de
Sun Jan 31 21:28:04 CET 2010

> If you mean like the actual movie, it's generally the longest track. You
> can use lsdvd to figure that out, or mplayer (generally) picks that one
> by default.

That's not what I knew. MPlayer by default (usind dvd://) plays the first
title, not the longest.

A year ago I wrote

<qoute>
The longest title of a DVD, which probably is the feature
movie, can be played like this:

mplayer dvd://$(mplayer dvd:// -identify -frames 0 |grep ID_DVD_TITLE
|grep LENGTH |sort -n -t = -k 2 |tail -1 |cut -f 4 -d _)

This line of course should be seasoned to your own taste with spices like
-vo, -ao, -vf scale=... ;-)

</quote>

The output of "-identify" might have changed so above command might not
still work, can't test it right now.

Greets,
Kiste