[MPlayer-users] navigating dvd menus

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Sun Jan 31 21:51:14 CET 2010

Oliver Seitz wrote:

>> 64 titles of nearly identical length.
>>
>> Without knowing what the menu navigation is, it's a crapshoot which
>> one is the correct one.
>>

> It's not even sure that one of those titles actually is the main
> movie. I've seen something like that as a result of some kind of
> playback protection.
Most of them play what appears to be the movie.  So I'm trying to dump
the menu structure.  There are tools that let me build a menu structure
so it has to be known.  I can't find any tool that would read the dvd
menu and dump it.

I found this:

http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/dvd-structure.htm

so it looks as though I need to be able to dump the contents of the dvd.

vstrip sounds promising, but it's 8 years old so something tells me that
there must be a more modern replacement.

--

   o__