[MPlayer-users] High CPU with Yadif and latest nVidia driver

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon Jul 12 13:32:57 CEST 2010

Meister Felix <d3c4dent <at> gmail.com> writes:

> So far I have been using Yadif to deinterlace on the fly. However, after
> installing the latest nVidia driver, I have noticed that enabling Yadif now
> uses 60-80% CPU on one of the cores of a Core2Duo CPU. Before this driver,
> there was no substantial increase in CPU usage with/without Yadif.

To make reproducing this issue easier:
Could you confirm that with on old (which?) version of the NVidia driver, you
can play a specific video with and without -vf yadif=0, and if the same MPlayer
binary plays the same video with the same options with a newer (which?) driver,
you see a different CPU usage for the yadif=0 case but the same without?
(if the problems are only reproducible for yadif=1, that may be a different
problem.)

Please also provide full command line and full, uncut output, Carl Eugen