[MPlayer-users] Playing a DVD and mp3 Simultaneously with sync

Oliver Seitz info at vtnd.de
Fri Jun 4 20:06:42 CEST 2010

> I am somewhat of an audiofile, but the reason for my request is that I
> want to play an audio commentary along with the DVD. Hence I need syncing.
> I eventually need a front end that controls everything in a nice gui.. so
> I was hoping I could force mplayer to play two things simultaneously and
> use gmplayer (once I get that working) to be a front end.

Thinking about it, you wouldn't have the time to extract the DVD audio
track, mix it with the commentary, and play the mixed soundtrack along
with the picture using -audiofile ? It should only take some seconds if
you save the result uncompressed. If you save the result as raw
uncompressed data, you can start playing while still mixing the audio.

Greets,
Kiste