[MPlayer-users] Problem compiling Mplayer from SVN

Steven P. Ulrick junk at afolkey2.net
Sun Jun 13 11:45:29 CEST 2010

On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 08:26:29PM -0500, Steven P. Ulrick wrote:
>> I disabled musepack and libvpx-lavx a long time ago, because I have not been
>> able to get Mplayer to compile on my Fedora 13 system with those two items
>> enabled.

> libvpx in Fedora 13 is too old, configure now correctly rejects it.
> I could not reproduce any issue with musepack, it compiles fine for me with
> it enabled...

>> /usr/bin/ld: libvo/vo_gif89a.o: undefined reference to symbol 'QuantizeBuffer'
>> /usr/bin/ld: note: 'QuantizeBuffer' is defined in DSO /lib64/libgif.so.4 so try
>> adding it to the linker command line
>> /lib64/libgif.so.4: could not read symbols: Invalid operation

> Fix confirmed to work. It seems the libungif version in Fedora does not contain
> QuantizeBuffer...

Fix confirmed here as well.

Thank you very much for your quick response!

Steven P. Ulrick

P.S.: I am sorry for probably breaking the threading of this thread.  It's kind
of strange: I have not received any messages from this list yet, and I know by
checking the archives that there have been three responses to my thread.  So, I
just copied and pasted from the archive.  I assume that the problem is a
filtering issue on my end.  The messages are NOT in my Spam folder.  Also, I
checked and mail delivery is enabled on my account with your mailing list...