[MPlayer-users] MPlayer on OLD XP Laptop \\ 29Jun10

Oliver Seitz info at vtnd.de
Tue Jun 29 13:40:24 CEST 2010

> The MPlayer console gives the following two messages:
> 1) Could not find matching colorspace - retrying with -vf scale...;
> 2) Invalid and inefficient vfw-avi packed B frames detected;

That's odd. MPlayer usually gives a whole lot more messages.

> I would like to know the MPlayer commandline/config file entry to
> prevent MPlayer
>  from starting the scale filter.

The scale filter is not started if your video file is encoded in the exact
colorspace your graphics hardware requires. Which one that is is one of
the usual messages mplayer gives when starting to play.

> It seems to me (& I have read) that
> MPlayer filters require
> too much cpu usage on laptop T. How can one disable and /or prevent
> MPlayer
> from loading/starting video filters?

If the scale filter is needed, the only thing that makes a little sense to
prevent it from starting is not to play the video...

> I ran the -vf format=fmt=help command and have the list of supported
> colorspaces.

Good for you. You could have given it to the list to better try to help you.

Greets,
Kiste