[MPlayer-users] opengl pipeline modification

Bruce Mills ecurbian at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 11:17:16 CEST 2010

Hi Carl,

The bit that is too slow is not interesting -- I am applying a
distortion to each frame of a movie in real time. But, at 1280x1280 it
does not run fast enough on the target machines. In particular, I
found that merely copying from the input to output buffer in a video
filter was also too slow. But, this problem was completely resolved by
going to a fragment program.

My core problem is how to split a side-by-side stereo image into
interlaced frames for shutter glasses. In my context, I need to create
two frames for each one frame in the movie. Which does not seem doable
using either a video filter (-vf) or fragment program (customprog).
Which is why I am looking at modifying the actual mplayer source.

Bruce.