[MPlayer-users] Fwd: MPlayer on OLD XP Laptop \\ 30Jun10

Oliver Seitz info at vtnd.de
Wed Jun 30 15:00:14 CEST 2010

> 30June2010
>
> Greetings.

Hi. I'm sorry, I can not answer all of the questions, but I do my best in
the ones I can answer.

> The DivX codec was set to progressive, but
> I also checked the "Enable audio/video interleaving" option.
> So I guess these group2 videos are some kind
> of interlaced/progressive hybrid?

Interlacing and interleaving is not the same, nor does it exclude each
other. I think the files are progressive video frames interleaved with
audio chunks.

> The colorspace list from the -vf format=fmt=help command
> on the 4005 does not list yuyv422 ..
>
> #Available formats:
> 444p16le 444p16be 422p16le 422p16be 420p16le 420p16be 444p16
> 422p16 420p16 420a 444p 422p 411p 440p yuy2 uyvy yvu9 if09 yv12
> i420 iyuv clpl hm12 y800 y8 nv12 nv21 bgr24 bgr32 bgr16 bgr15 bgr12
> bgr8 bgr4 bg4b bgr1 rgb48be rgb48le rgb48ne rgb24 rgb32 rgb16 rgb15
> rgb12 rgb8 rgb4 rg4b rgb1 rgba argb bgra abgr mjpeg mjpg

Those are the colourspaces MPlayer (i.e. the scale filter) supports. To
find out about the colourspaces your hardware can handle, use e.g. xvinfo.

> I would like to try playback without any filters and see what happens.

Just to see how it looks you could use two instances of MPlayer, one to
decode a video to a raw stream, and another one to display that raw
stream. If you set the raw parameters on the decoding MPlayer differently
than on the playing one, you will get an impression of mismatching
colorspaces.

Greets,
Kiste