[MPlayer-users] movie from single png image

Oliver Seitz info at vtnd.de
Wed May 19 08:21:31 CEST 2010

> mencoder mf://test.png -mf type=png:fps=0.01 -ovc lavc -lavcopts \
> vcodec=mpeg4 -ofps 25 -audiofile test.mp3 -of mpeg -oac copy -o test.mp4

I've done that with a jpeg file, and lots of links to that same file.

mencoder mf://*.jpg -mf fps=10 ...

The files need to have straight ascending numbers, like

000001.jpg
000002.jpg
000003.jpg
.
.
.

I was a bit confused that symlinks don't seem to work, but I had no
problem in using hard links.

You can always generate, say, 6000 picture [ files | links ] for a maximum
duration of up to 10 minutes, and then use -endpos to generate a video
with only the duration of your audio file.

Question to the experts: How can symlinks be used?

Greets,
Kiste