[MPlayer-users] movie from single png image

Daniel Dawson ddawson at icehouse.net
Wed May 19 10:04:41 CEST 2010

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 08:21:31AM +0200, Oliver Seitz wrote:
> I was a bit confused that symlinks don't seem to work, but I had no
> problem in using hard links.

Really? That's odd, because I've done this sort of thing with symlinks
myself. Is it a problem generating the links or getting mencoder to use
them?

Using hard links is potentially problematic because the number of links
to a single file is limited due to the size of the link count field in
an inode (16 bits in EXT2,3,4).

> Question to the experts: How can symlinks be used?

Not an MPlayer expert, but I know a bit about Linux.