[MPlayer-users] Uoti nonsense, and my parting words

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon May 24 12:46:02 CEST 2010

John Doe <jdmls <at> yahoo.com> writes:

> From: Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos <at> ag.or.at>
> > Just to understand you correctly:
> > You cannot name a single regression, a single changed command
> > line option or a single changed configure option in MPlayer?
> > You just feel abused if new (possibly untested) features possibly full
> > of bugs are released?
>
> Here you go (2 quick out of the top of my head, one mencoder and one ffmpeg):
> with-extraincdir configure option disapeared.

I hope we agree that mencoder is unmaintained and therefore deprecated (note
that yadif inclusion is right now discussed on ffmpeg-devel) and we are not
talking of FFmpeg here.
However, with-extraincdir is a very good example for a change that seemingly was
not discussed on -devel and (I assume) had no accompanying news entry (14 months
ago).

I hope you fixed your configure line mean-while, the one you posted probably
cannot work as intended (and is at least unsupported).

> Maybe (certainly) more but, as you might have understood, I don't have
> too much time to spend on this; I have many other issues to deal with...
> And you are better placed than me to know all the changes that did occur...

As I try to explain: No, I did not know of any regressions (except -vo gl on a
system where it doesn't work well anyway).

Carl Eugen