[MPlayer-users] VDPAU + xinerama + new nvidia driver

Alexander Roalter alex at roalter.it
Wed May 26 00:21:16 CEST 2010

the new beta nvidia driver now finally supports xinerama and vdpau, thus
enabling me to use the VDPAU driver, but there's one drawback:

it only works on the first xinermascreen, unless the environment variable

VDPAU_NVIDIA_XINERAMA_PHYSICAL_SCREEN

is set to another screen...

If I play my mplayer with the default screen #2, I only get a green
window. I'm not sure there's another way than the environment variable,
but at least mplayer should try setting either the environment variable
or the api function to the same xineramascreen it get itself from the
command line.

Moving the window during runtime from one window to another though
doesn't work, but that doesn't bother me at the moment.

--
Cheers,
Alex