[MPlayer-users] Transcoding from one aspect ratio to another

Rolf Ernst rolf.ernst at silverlightning.org
Thu Nov 4 01:44:23 CET 2010

On 11/3/2010 5:11 PM, Nix wrote:
> On 2010.11.03. 23:53, Rolf Ernst wrote:
>> Forget all the other stuff. It will indeed give you 4:3. I think the
>> author assumed that this is what you wanted. 4:3 with borders.
> Actually if I understood correctly he wanted undistorted image that
> had magically changed it's DAR. Obviously impossible unless you trim a
> lot from sides.
Maybe he needs to clarify the actual question. I think he just wanted to
change the number of pixels representing the image but then there is
obviously the possibility that he wanted the image to be embedded in a
black background (black borders) or maybe zoomed in.

Maybe if he would explain the target platform it would be more obvious
to understand.

/re