[MPlayer-users] Transcoding from one aspect ratio to another

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 01:56:12 CET 2010

On 11/03/2010 05:44 PM, Rolf Ernst wrote:
> On 11/3/2010 5:11 PM, Nix wrote:
>> On 2010.11.03. 23:53, Rolf Ernst wrote:
>>> Forget all the other stuff. It will indeed give you 4:3. I think the
>>> author assumed that this is what you wanted. 4:3 with borders.
>> Actually if I understood correctly he wanted undistorted image that
>> had magically changed it's DAR. Obviously impossible unless you trim
>> a lot from sides.
> Maybe he needs to clarify the actual question. I think he just wanted
> to change the number of pixels representing the image but then there
> is obviously the possibility that he wanted the image to be embedded
> in a black background (black borders) or maybe zoomed in.
>
> Maybe if he would explain the target platform it would be more obvious
> to understand.
>
> /re
> ____
Hey guys - let us not belabor this enquiry.
I accept that what I want cannot be done without one of
1. Black bars on top and bottom
2. Zoomed in until each frame fills 800 vertical pixels of the screen,
    and then cropped so that only 1280 horizontal pixesl of the zoomed
    frames remain.
Neither of these is what I want, so let's not continue to beat a dead
horse :)