[MPlayer-users] Transcoding from one aspect ratio to another

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 03:29:34 CET 2010

On 11/04/2010 05:12 PM, Nix wrote:
> On 2010.11.05. 01:55, Rolf Ernst wrote:
>> On 11/4/2010 5:06 PM, Nix wrote:
>> I guess I really don't understand what it is that you are trying to
>> achieve. Zoom in? I can tell you how to do that, too. Otherwise it is
>> unclear to me where you are headed.
> Could you please learn to follow the thread? It's not me who was
> asking for help.
> I was only explaining to you how I understood the original poster's
> problem and it seems like I undestood it correctly. And short answer
> is that it's impossible to do what he wanted to achieve and that's the
> whole bloody point and no magic can change that unless you know some
> alien geometry that isn't applicable to real world anyhow.
>
> If I had to do anything like that, I'd fire up AviSynth 2.5 just like
> in the old days and then encode using MeGUI, the only decent x264 GUI.
> Besides.. Zooming? Panning? For crying out loud, it's all just
> cropping, resizing and in some bad cases adding borders to get back to
> mod16. No reason to use fancy names like panning or zooming. In other
> words KISS. As long as you understand basic concepts and have common
> sense there is no need for being taught each specific thing. Thank you
> very much. NOT
> Cheers,
> nix
Gentlemen,
I am truly sorry for having started this thread.

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS POST AS I DO NOT WANT
TO START A DIFFERENT DISCUSSION. PLEASE LET THIS THREAD DIE.

What I see happening here in this mailing list is exactly identical
to what I see happening on other lists I am on.
The reason being is that every respondent decides to cut off pieces
of the original message, and then top posting, so that when someone
who has not followed the whole thread from the start,  sees the post,
will reply to the most recent post, and assumes wrongly about the last
2 or 3 opinions kept in the message. All this leads to misunderstanding
and a lot of bad feelings and angst.

ENOUGH SAID. PLEASE PLEASE! LET THIS THREAD DIE.