[MPlayer-users] x264 support on cygwin

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Nov 10 01:15:57 CET 2010

Puneet Arora <arorap <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Yes, I need it for use with MEncoder. I do have the latest versions of
> both MEncoder and the x264 lib.

Then please post the first line of config.log and the part starting with
"Checking for x264" (and ending with "============").

> Are there plans for active maintenance of MEncoder in future? (I'm wondering
> if its worth to invest time to build it and learn to use it?)

Nobody has done it for years, but the time to build it should be minimal (that
might be different for "learning").

> I think an alternative could be using the ffmpeg command line tool.

Yes.

> Are there more things that MEncoder offers compared to that?

Binary codecs (almost never needed) and video filters (some currently being
ported to FFmpeg).

Carl Eugen