[MPlayer-users] Ripping DVDs with the -dumpstream option

Dom H speedsix.lists at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 18 15:01:24 CET 2010

Have the devs considered expanding on the dumpstream option so
metadata is preserved, is this possible?

If it did, it would be the 1streliable (in theory) native linux app to
rip all protected dvds. Obviously dumping dvd content isn't the focus
for mplayer but it makes sense to rip it in the same way it is played
back. Assuming the disc complies with standards then rips should
always work, I assume.