[MPlayer-users] "flipping" output for any -vo but -vo x11

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sun Nov 28 15:44:54 CET 2010

On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 10:32:33PM +0800, Zhang Weiwu wrote:
> My mplayer on iBook G4 (1GHz) with Ubuntu 10.10 and radeon xorg driver
> (a Radeon Mobility card) output video in a strange 'flipped' manner for
> any video output except x11, including gl, sdl, xvidix and a few others.

Your graphics card was not configured correctly for a big-endian system.
What you see if the video data being endian-swapped.
I know that the Radeon 9200 drivers in debian unstable handle it correctly
though.
Unfortunately at least the 9200 is one of the old generations for which
ATI published no documentation so I can't fix vidix.