[MPlayer-users] mencoder/xvid: issues with forced PAR using a DXN profile

Jarek Czekalski jarekczek at poczta.onet.pl
Mon Oct 4 19:12:20 CEST 2010

  Looks like there is a problem in xvidenc. It goes like this:

     frame->par = XVID_PAR_11_VGA; /* Default */

     if( !(selected_profile->flags & PROFILE_DXN) )
     {/* here is par being set in different manners */...}

So choosing a DXN profile leads to par11 as you have discovered. Maybe
you should try to set the encoding parameters by hand: interlacing, max
bvop=1, without choosing a profile. That may be a workaround.

My experience with fixing xvid encoding problems with mplayer team is
negative, so I doubt they will do anything about it. Especially when it
regards interlacing encoding, as the profile dxnhtpal does.

Regards
Jarek