[MPlayer-users] (MKV/DVD) why subtitles are forced?

Alexander Roalter alex at roalter.it
Tue Oct 5 16:51:17 CEST 2010

Am 05.10.2010 01:06, schrieb arnaud tonda:

> you certainly want to say -forcedsubsonly.  I tried this, but without a good
> result on dvd with dvdnav protocol.
> In fact, it have the same result as -nosub :

yes, forcedsubsonly ... I have it in my config, so I'm not that used
writing it.

>      - subtitles aren't displayed, but the selection buttons on dvdnav menus
> are big white rectangle instead off dvd dependent buttons.

This is because DVD menus with mplayer never showed the dvd dependent
buttons. I could be wrong, but I think there was a patch proposed quite
a while ago that would fix these, but apparently, it hasn't been
included/accepted this far.

--
cheers,
Alex