[MPlayer-users] mythtv "adjust" filter in mplayer?

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Thu Oct 14 20:51:00 CEST 2010

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 11:24:25AM -0400, Michael Doerrie [mplayerhq.hu] wrote:
> The pp filter doesn't appear to have the options I
> need, and I can not find any information about adjusting luma and
> chroma settings in mplayer.

Because of calling it complicated names it's just "brightness", "contrast"
and "saturation" in MPlayer.
Most VOs support adjusting them without any software processing.
If you don't want to just adjust to you liking

>    The default bt8x8 correction values are equivalent to
>    "16:253:1.0:2:253:1.0". Output ranges are fixed at ITU-R601 values
>    (16-235 luma, 16-240 chroma).

something like -contrast 46 -brightness -7 should have about the same effect
for -vo gl, though by default -vo gl probably still uses other values than
mythtv.