[MPlayer-users] Compile error: No depedency information found for /usr/lib/libGL.so.1

Ulrich Lukas stellplatz-nr.13a at datenparkplatz.de
Fri Oct 15 01:58:14 CEST 2010

Hi,

Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> That means that your compilation succeeded and VDPAU can be used.

OK, thanks, but what does that have to do with the original problem?

I realize that this is, in strict sense, not MPlayer's or Debian's
fault, but shouldn't there be at least an option to be able to build
MPlayer without deleting the nvidia-supplied libGL.so.1?

I've tried editing the debian/rules to use:
"dh_shlibdeps -X/usr/lib/libGL.so.1"
instead of simply:
"dh_shlibdeps".

But still, running debian/rules seems to produce the original problem.

Is the only clean way to compile MPlayer on /any/ machine to use a
chroot or deinstall the nvidia driver?

Regards,
Ulrich