[MPlayer-users] Mouse cursor hiding

Alexander Roalter alex at roalter.it
Wed Oct 20 09:23:31 CEST 2010

Am 20.10.2010 00:00, schrieb Ulrich Lukas:
> Hi,
>

> have you tried turning the mouse upside down?
>
> Some optical mouses do not work correctly and make the cursor jitter and
> move once in a while. This cursor jerking sometimes disappears if the
> mouse is lifted off the table and placed with the sensor facing nowhere.

No, it's not a hardware thing. I already ruled out this as source of the
jitter. I also tried vo x11 and vdpau (xv is the normal vo), still the same.

When I play a video with a height > 480 (576 is ok, I don't know the
real threshold), and the video is placed initially over the mouse
cursor, the mouse cursor stays hidden. If the video is not placed above
it and I press 'f' to go to fullscreen, the mouse is not hidden once the
window takes up the entire space.

If the mouse cursor is hidden, only moving it by a bit makes it show
again (and never to hide again).

I'm using a three head setup with xinerama, so I currently simply open
the video on another xineramascreen and the cursor is out of the region,
but at this point I always have to specifiy xineramascreen, which is
also a drag.

--
cheers,
Alex