[MPlayer-users] How to choose fastest drivers

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 03:23:15 CET 2010

  On 10/30/2010 07:10 PM, Nick Koretsky wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Oct 2010 15:42:55 -0700
>   JD<jd1008 at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> My system is a 2.4GHz Athlon64, Fedora 13 (i686),
>> 2GB ram, 8GB swap. Before I start the mplayer,
>> the load factor is relatively very low:
>> load average: 1.56, 1.50, 1.43
> This is insanely high LA for an idle system. idle system should be
> below 0.1, anything above this means that either system is not idle or
> something is fundamentally wrong with drivers.
Which really makes me wonder! How could that load
average be at 1.56 when the total %cpu usage is less
than 7% for all processes in the system (prior to running mplayer).
>> $ mplayer -vo x11 -ao  sdl -nocache  test-vid.mkv
> You should never user -vo x11 other than for testing purposes. Use xv
> or gl_nosw (or vdpau if videocard is nvidia)
My video card is the ancient ATI Radeon Mobile 9600 m10.

Problem is I do not experience this terribly out of sync audio
with other videos files. The audio seems to be way ahead of the
video.