[MPlayer-users] a/v out of sync after encoding to mpeg4

Malte Gell malte.gell at gmx.de
Fri Apr 22 03:57:58 CEST 2011

Hello,

I have encoded an MPEG-TS to mpeg4 and afterwards audio was out of sync. Is
there an option I can add so during encoding audio adds a delay of 1 or 2
seconds?

I have used this command:

mencoder RTL-House.m2t -ovc lavc -oac lavc -lavcopts
acodec=libfaac:abitrate=98:vcodec=mpeg4:level=31 -of lavf -lavfopts format=mp4
-vf scale=720:405,harddup  -o RTL-House-19-04-11.mp4

As you can see I have used the harddup option as recommended somewhere on the
net.

Another way may be to adjust audio/video sync after encoding, but how would
that be done?

Thanx
Malte